1) TeuxDeux : I LOVE TeuxDeux. I've tried other task tracking apps, but they were all too complicated. TeuxDeux is streamlined and clean, and it moves anything I don't finish to the next day without making it red and flashing overdue or otherwise adding guilt. And as a rather ambitious to do list maker, I appreciate that.
2) Walking away from the screen : It's easy for me to try and cram as much work time as possible into the hours the boys are at school, but I've learned that I'm more productive if I take a couple of breaks in the day to run errands or go for a walk.
3) Chats & video calls with coworkers : Even better if they're not entirely about work. It really is awesome to connect to the people you work with on a person level, even if you aren't in the office.
4) Pinterest breaks : SHORT Pinterest breaks (because let's be honest, Pinterest can be a time suck!). I play a little game I like to call Pinterest Roulette. From my phone, I'll find a pin I like. I then scroll down to the related pins that are under it and find something else I like enough to pin. I keep doing this until I hit a screen with nothing that speaks to me or five minutes or up. These short breaks of doing nothing but looking at pretty things without thinking too hard are a great recharger.
5) When all else fails : Sonic Happy Hour is 2-4pm and a nice dose of caffeine is the perfect way to power through an afternoon. ;)
Whether you work at home or in the office, what tips and tricks do you use to keep yourself moving forward and inspired to tackle your to dos?